Sunday, January 20, 2013

Vegan Chocolate Cake


This cake was so nummy, I have a serious weakness for cake. This is a must make! My picture doesn't do it justice! I made a few variations from this recipe found on Instructables 

Vegan Chocolate Cake 
1 1/4 cups spelt flour
3/4 honey or agave
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons ground flax
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Mix all dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and mix well. If batter is too thin, add another half cup flour. Bake @ 350 for 25 minutes

Chocolate Coconut Frosting
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup almond milk

Mix dry ingredients. Add vanilla and milk. Add the melted coconut oil last. The frosting will be a little thin. I like it that way ;) Add less milk or more powdered sugar if you want a thicker frosting.








1 comment:

  1. Rocked my whole world! I could eat the entire cake! Deeeelish my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete