Thursday, April 4, 2013

Baked Tofu Nuggets

I haven't always enjoyed tofu and this last year I've actually changed my mind. It's really all about how you cook it. This recipe is easy. Dan still isn't a if fan of tofu, but all 5 of my kiddos loved these even if he wouldn't partake :) I will give you the recipe for what I made my family...reduce the amount if you need to make less.

Baked Tofu Nuggets
2 packages extra firm tofu cut into small squares
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup spelt flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast

Heat oven to 400. In a bowl combine the tofu squares and olive oil. In a gallon bag combine the spelt, cornmeal flour, salt and nutritional yeast. Place a fourth of the tofu in the gallon bag and shake. Place on a large cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until outsides are crispy and slightly toasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment