Thursday, September 27, 2012

Carrot Noodle Stir Fry

We make a lot of Stir Fry in our house!  They are quick and simple.  I pretty much make it up as I go with whatever vegetables I have on hand!  This combination was delish!

Carrot Noodle Stir Fry
2-3 large carrots, halved then sliced
1-2 cups thinly cut, or shredded cabbage
1 large onion, quartered then sliced
*1/2 package Soba Noodles (I used buckwheat Soba)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
**1/4 cup Braggs Liquid Aminos
1/2-3/4 cup water
Brown Rice
2 Cups Brown Rice
4 Cups Water

For Brown Rice, combine water and brown rice in a medium saucepan, cover.  Bring to boil, reduce heat immediately to low and simmer for 45 minutes.

Cook Soba noodles according to directions on the package.

In a large skillet, combine water, onion and carrots and cook until soft.  Add onion, garlic powders, Braggs Liquid Aminos and any additional water to steam the cabbage.  Add cabbage last!  Simmer just a couple of minutes until cabbage is slightly soft.  Add the drained Soba noodles and adjust any seasonings, if necessary. Serve over Brown Rice.

*I usually buy my Soba noodles at Smiths in the health food section.  They have a few different varieties and they are usually in three bunches as seen in the picture below.  I use 1-2 bunches for my large family when making stir fry.

**Braggs Liquid Aminos can be found at Smiths as well.  I have also bought it at a local store here in Utah, called Kitchen Kneads.  Dave's Nutrition also carries it.  It is very low in sodium and a much healthier choice than regular soy sauce!
Ad image

No comments:

Post a Comment