Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Raw Carrot Cake Cookies


These delicious yummies were something I found several months ago on The Rawtarians website!  If you remember she is also the creator of the amazing Raw Brownies that I posted.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these cookies!  I'll keep these in the refrigerator for at least a week and nibble on them when craving something sweet.  This is NOT my recipe, however I'm sharing my pic and a few small changes and I hope you enjoy them.  Thank you to The Rawtarian.

Raw Carrot Cake Cookies

3 cups finely grated carrot
2 cups pecans
1 1/2 cups dates, pitted
1/2 cup shredded coconut (I didn't use this)
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt

Add the finely shredded carrots to a large bowl.  In a food processor, process the pecans until they are fine and crumbly.  Add the dates and coconut to the pecans and mix again. Add the pecan, date, and coconut mixture to the carrots as well as the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.  

Using your dehydrator, line each tray with parchment and form cookies laying them the trays.  Do not form the cookies too thick or they will not dry all the way through.  I like mine pretty thin.  Dehydrate on high for 2 hours, then reduce to about 110 degrees for an additional 10 to 12 hours or until crisp on the outside and slightly soft on the inside.  When finished spread some Raw Cream Cheese Icing on top (recipe below)

Raw Cream Cheese Icing
1 1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons agave
1 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender; blend until smooth and creamy.  Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge until needed!  

1 comment: