Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Chili Lime Beans & Rice


This recipe was me hurrying to throw some things in the rice cooker before my piano students came.  It just sort of happened!  In fact, I'm sitting her typing this wondering what to call it?!  Amazing Rice and Beans?  Lime Taco Rice and Beans?  Fiesta Rice and Beans?  Boring.  It was so yummy that the kids were eating seconds and the next day I put them in enchiladas (yes, I will post that one too!).  Anytime we can get the kids to eat beans, we have struck gold.  Hopefully I'll have a title for this by the end, lol.

Chili Lime Beans and Rice
3 cups brown rice
6 cups water
2 cups pinto beans
1 large onion, diced
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika

Place all ingredients in your rice cooker and set on high.  If you don't have a rice cooker, place all ingredients in large pot, bring to boil, replace lid and turn to low for 45 minutes.  Serve with tortillas or alone with salad and another side.

No comments:

Post a Comment