Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Christina's Creamy Zucchini Soup

This is my Best Buddy Christina!  She and I are always swapping recipes!  Her Mom is Cindy, the author to a few of the guest posts here on my blog.  I am so grateful for her friendship.  I learn so much from her!  I'm especially grateful for this amazing recipe she let me post!  It is perfect for this time of year with all of our zucchini growing out of our ears!  Actually, I don't know about you, but I didn't get as much zucchini as I usually do and in running around to Farmers Markets, they apparently didn't either :(  Christina and I did luck out on our way to a park last week, a man was out in front of his home giving away GIANT zucchini!  We took almost all he had!  Hows that for selfish?!  If I insist you to do anything, it's to give this a try!  Thanks again to my pal!

Christina's Creamy Zucchini Soup
1 huge zucchini
2 big potatoes pre-cooked in their skins
1 sweet onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2/3 can coconut milk (I used the whole can!)
1/4 cup Braggs liquid aminos (optional)
Season to taste with 21 salute, oregano, and white pepper (I used no seasonings)

Cut up the whole zucchini into chunks and place in 7 qt. with onion and garlic.  Add 2 cups water.  Bring to medium temperature, cover and simmer over low heat until zucchini cooks down and softens. Cut up the potatoes and add to zucchini mixture.  Cover until potatoes are at the same temperature.  Add the coconut milk and use immersion blender to puree the soup, then add seasonings to taste.  So  creamy and Delish!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment