Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tastes Like Fall Applesauce!

I have 2 huge bushels of apples that I got for a STEAL!  They are red delicious apples and super juicy.  We've been eating them like candy 'round here.  After a month of apples, they are beginning to go soft and so we decided to make a yummy treat...APPLESAUCE!  I'm sure most applesauce recipes are alike but here is the recipe I came up with.  We made our Pumpkin Waffles and even tried a new waffle recipe the other day, Carrot Cake Waffles and put this yummy applesauce on top.  It was so delish! Enjoy!

Tastes Like Fall Applesauce
12-15 red delicious apples, cored and peeled
1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup water

Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.  Over medium heat, bring to a boil, cover and turn to low until apples are soft, maybe 20 minutes.  Blend.

I store my applesauce in quart jars in my fridge...should stay fresh for a couple of weeks at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment