Monday, July 9, 2012

Cherry Apricot Salad

 I'm so grateful to hear of your compliments about this new blog of ours!  I love any feedback you have to give.  I appreciate all the questions I'm receiving about what we are doing.  I know that eating more plant based seems like such an overwhelming thing, but it is so simple and I endeavor to show that here.  I was in the store today and picked up some cherries, because they are so amazingly delicious and I'm going to enjoy the fact that they are in season right now.  I walked around the fruit (instead of the candy isle) and saw apricots.  They weren't particularly cheap, but I picked up half a dozen to have for a treat.  As I pulled them out at home, I thought, how cool would it be to combine these two fruits and come up with a yummy dressing for them.  So I did!  This was such a yummy treat after lunch today.  I hope you like this recipe!

Cherry Apricot Salad
7 cherries, halved and pitted
5-6 apricots, halved and halved again
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon walnut oil 
(I buy mine at Smiths)
2 teaspoons honey

In a small bowl combine the fruit.  Drizzle the honey over the fruit.  In a small cup combine the walnut oil and lime juice and mix well with a fork.  Pour over the fruit and honey.  Serves one.

No comments:

Post a Comment