Monday, July 2, 2012

Crunchy Plump Almonds


I love almonds!  Did you know they are one of the only nuts/seeds that are alkaline?  I don't f eel guilty about eating almonds....ever. Did you know that slowly munching on almonds is one of the best things for a ravenous appetite and are very satiating?  I find that when I feel hungry an hour before dinner, that munching on a handful of these with a few raisins always does the trick.

This recipe is very simple and I love to crush these up on my salads as well!

Crunchy Plump Almonds

1  cup almonds
3 cups water

Rinse almonds thoroughly.  Soak almonds in water overnight.  Rinse well.  Notice how large and plump they are! (Eating these soaked almonds are very nutritious, See this link) On a large baking sheet, place parchment paper or spray your pan with non-stick spray (optional) and bake your almonds on the lowest temperature possible.  I usually dehydrate mine.  Depending on the temperature in which you bake them, they should be crunchy in about 4 hours, maybe more.  In the dehydrator, I will dry them for 8-10 hours.  

1 comment:

  1. I had never tried soaked nuts before, but we did it yesterday and it is SO yummy. I like the softer crunch :) Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete