Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hot Curry Hummus

There are many recipes for Curry Hummus, so I'm not about to claim this marvelous idea, however, I tweaked many recipes to create this, so I guess I can claim this one as my own :)

Hummus is such a great invention to replace so many condiments that are filled with fats, sugar, dairy and other icky things that just make us feel yucky. The trick to great hummus is getting the texture right. I love using my food processor and adding all the ingredients except the water. Adding the water last and only about a tablespoon at a time and then checking the texture before adding more. Here's the great thing, if you happen to get your hummus too thin, it makes for a great salad dressing or for a yummy sauce on a veggie pizza instead of your traditional tomato sauce. So, not all hope is lost if it doesn't turn out just right.

My favorite way to use hummus is as a spread on toast. I will post my yeast free bread soon...it makes amazing toast and with this hummus recipe on it, it's so good!


Hot Curry Hummus
1 medium onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups freshly cooked garbanzo beans
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons curry powder
hot sauce to taste (any hot sauce you prefer will work, I used Tapatio, I also used about 1 teaspoon)
Water to consistency

Using water, steam your onion and garlic until they are soft. Add onion, garlic garbanzo beans, lemon, grapeseed oil, salt and hot sauce to your food processor or blender. Blend well for 15-20 seconds. Slowly add water until your hummus has reached the desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment