Sunday, May 26, 2013

Carob "Magic Shell"

Greetings Fellow Healthy Buddies!

Jen asked me to contribute to the blog and so HERE I AM and here it comes!

Little background on me:
My name's Christina
I've been slowly (but surely) changing the way I eat (working my way to 100% plant based)
and I enjoy seeing what yummy delish-is-nuss I can create for my 
little family of 6!

Last summer I came across the holy grail of Summer treats!
FROZEN BANANAS ON A STICK!
WHAAAAA???
Who woulda thunk?  But they are truly divine.
This summer I wanted to step it up a bit! 

I am a HUGE fan of chocolate.
HUGE fan....
Did I mention....I'm a fan???
Well, chocolate is not very kind to my tummy, so a 
perfect alternative is CAROB!!

I have been eating carob all my life.  For EVERY birthday (and I DO mean EVERY) I have had a carob cake.  It's the texas sheet cake recipe, only made with carob!  Love it!   I already know and love carob so I though I'd experiment with making carob covered frozen bananas!  I tried it and it was LOVE at first bite!

Here's the simple recipe!

1/4 c coconut oil
1/4 c powered sugar
(I am going to be experimenting more with honey/agave to see if the results are satisfactory!)
1/4 c carob powder
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine the coconut oil, powdered sugar and carob in a small saucepan over low/med heat.
Stir until coconut oil is all melted and the carob and powdered sugar is dissolved.  Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.  Take a FROZEN banana and dip down in the sauce.  Work quickly as it will start to set up fast!  Once set up, put back in the freezer for about 15 - 20 minutes.  




If you can wait, if not, just eat right then!  The banana will be slightly soft due to the heat of the sauce. If you're like me, I just couldn't wait, and the banana was inhaled in a matter of 4 big bites!  Boy was is GOOD!!!  You can be creative and roll in some chopped nuts before it sets up completely.  I loved it with just the carob though!  

We've got ALL summer to fix (and EAT) these bad boys and I can hardly wait!
YUMMMMMM!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment